As part of its stated mission to further the search for truth through knowledge, the university offers select programs online to benefit those who desire a career-oriented education from a traditional and respected institution. The programs are particularly popular because of their practical, applications-oriented curricula, designed to help students excel in their professional careers.
- Online Master of Science in Management: This program delves into the leadership expertise, fiscal knowledge, and people skills needed to manage people, teams, and projects in nearly any organization. The master’s in Management curriculum focuses on communication, strategy, decision-making, and project management to build a strong foundation for a successful career.
Four tracks are offered: Leadership, Human Resource Management, Federal Acquisition and Contract Management, and Organization Development.
- Online Master of Arts in Human Resource Management: As the human resource field moves toward a more high-level and strategic organizational role, HR professionals seeking advancement often find they need skills that are not always easy to learn on the job. This human resource management degree program, developed with the advice and insights of senior HR executives, offers a broad curriculum that covers all of the main functional areas of the field — e.g., labor-management relations, human resource information systems, training and development, and compensation and benefits. Coursework also prepares students for the high-demand Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certifications offered by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
The curriculum includes two tracks: Human Resource Generalist and Federal Human Resource Management.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing: The online M.S.N. incorporates core coursework in topics vital to the effective practice of advanced nursing, including theory and applications of the practice, research methods, advanced health assessment and studies in health care policy. The curriculum incorporates a Family Nurse Practitioner track that offers in-depth studies in an area of advanced practice nursing that is expected to grow. Graduates are eligible to sit for the American Nurses Credentialing Center and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification Program’s Family Nurse Practitioner exam.
*The Catholic University of America is currently not accepting applications for the Online MSN FNP program from people residing in Washington DC, Maryland, and some counties in Northern Virginia including Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Prince William, and Loudon. CUA’s School of Nursing serves those residing in these locations with our campus-based MSN FNP program. This on-site program is tailored to the needs of working nurses, with classes generally scheduled one day/week.
- Online Doctor in Nursing Practice: This program is offered to help meet the demand for advanced practice nurses with the ability to take a leading role in applying research findings to health care. Post-master’s and B.S.N. to D.N.P. options are available. The program requires a minimum of 34 credits and covers critical thinking skills and advanced topics in health care, with classes in emerging issues in health care, epidemiology and its applications, the principles of evidence-based practice and leadership in the health care field.
- Online Ph.D. in Nursing: This program is designed to help meet the need for researchers to push nursing science forward, as well as for faculty who can train future generations of nurses. Coursework is research-intensive, focusing on statistics, theory development, qualitative and quantitative methods, and other skills required to function at the highest levels of nursing science and practice. The program consists of 70 hours, 24 of which may transferred from master's level work. Projects include a dissertation exploring an aspect of patient care issues that should match the student’s professional goals and interests, completed with the support and guidance of the dedicated faculty members.
- Online Master of Social Work: The online Master of Social Work (MSW) from The Catholic University of America’s National Catholic School of Social Service (NCSSS) helps you facilitate social change and gives you the knowledge and skills to work with a wide variety of populations in various settings. This program prepares you to obtain your license in clinical social work practice. An undergraduate degree in social work is not required to apply.
Learn more about the Catholic intellectual tradition as practiced at the University. Request more information or call us at 855-295-5711 to speak with an admissions adviser.