Online Programs Campus Programs
About the Catholic University of America's Privacy Policy
Home | State Authorization: The Catholic University of America

State Authorization: The Catholic University of America

Accreditation and State Authorization of Online Programs

Middle States

The Catholic University of America is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, and is specifically accredited to offer online programs. Middle States Commission on Higher Education page on The Catholic University of America

The University currently offers fully online programs through its School of Nursing, and National Catholic School of Social Service (NCSSS). The NCSSS offers a Master’s Degree in Social Work. The School of Nursing offers degrees in several nursing specialties.

Most states require the University to seek specific authorization before offering online programs to students in that state. Applications are pending in some states, so please check back on a regular basis if you live in a state where applications are not currently being accepted.

Professional Licensure

Important Note for Prospective Students. For programs that lead to professional licensure, it is your responsibility to verify all requirements for licensure, including degree requirements, with your state’s applicable professional licensing agency. Eligibility for licensure will often involve more than successful degree completion. Students should identify in advance any additional licensure requirements beyond online credit hours earned. The National Catholic School of Social Service is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. When clinical placements are required for your degree, you generally will need to find a clinical placement in your state, subject to approval by CUA. In some states the University will already have clinical placements established. Please consult your program for more information.

Complaint Procedures

Please see the Accreditation and Licensure Information Page for how to file complaints in particular states, or with Middle States, and for information about the CUA Internal Grievance Process.

Consumer Information

The University is required to disclose certain matters under Title IV and Title IX, federal laws governing higher education. All online students should review this information in depth. The Consumer Information page has important information about your rights and responsibilities in areas including:

  • Federal privacy rights under FERPA
  • Graduation rates
  • Non-discrimination and equal opportunity
  • Copyright Infringement Policy and Sanctions
  • Accreditation and Licensure
  • Financial Assistance
  • Transfer of Credits along with other Institutional Information.